Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane says that it is “nonsense” to suggest Gareth Bale and Eden Hazard are unable to play in the same side together.

Zinedine Zidane has played down suggestions that Chelsea forward Eden Hazard is being brought to Real Madrid as a direct replacement for Gareth Bale.

The Belgium international is widely expected to finally be on his way to the Bernabeu in the summer following years of speculation.

Hazard is being recruited as part of a massive overhaul that will see Los Blancos replenish their stale squad, with Bale one of a handful of players to be linked with the exit.

However, Zidane insists that the two players could be used in the same side next season.

“All good players are compatible,” he said at his pre-match press conference. “They said the same thing about me and [Youri] Djorkaeff – it’s nonsense.”

Bale has been used in six of Madrid’s seven matches since Zidane returned last month.

Eden Hazard in full-on action for Chelsea on April 8, 2019

Read Next:

Madrid ‘confident of Pogba, Hazard signings’

>

,

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.